Save the date – English
Save the Date
7 June 2023
On Wednesday 7 June, Utrecht University and the Citizens’ Power Europe Partnership (SBE) are organizing a symposium with the theme ‘Collaborating with Newcomers (Welcoming Spaces).’ Like other European countries, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium are dealing with newcomers such as migrant workers and refugees/status holders. How do we involve these newcomers in our local communities? Do we see them as a burden or a welcome addition? Can we work together with newcomers to vitalize rural areas, for example? How do the newcomers themselves see their role in the local community? And how do we connect with each other? The symposium will shed light on how, through mutual effort, we can positively affect how newcomers are embedded in our communities.
Who is this symposium for?
- Resident initiative groups and their support organizations;
- Newcomers and their support organizations;
- Representatives of municipalities and other authorities;
- Organizations involved in receiving newcomers and migrant workers (e.g. the COA, Dutch Council for Refugees, welfare organizations);
- Employers who have an interest in laborers/migrant workers;
- Young people and students studying social work/welfare;
- Educational institutions and researchers (labor market, migration, healthcare, welfare);
- Participants in the European project Welcoming Spaces.
Would you like to attend? Let us know at email@example.com, and we’ll inform you about the full program and how to register as soon as it is announced. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and the website.